Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Courage

         Courage is something that everyone possesses inside of themselves. Although courage is often only recognized when it is used in extreme situations, people carry out acts of courage everyday; some big and some small. I think that as teenagers, we display a lot of courage by going on with our lives as normal, knowing that in a few years we have to grow up and become adults overnight. Besides that, I personally was courageous when my grandfather died a few years ago. I was very close with him and it was difficult for me to deal with his passing and go to his funeral, but I did it anyways because I knew in my heart that it was the right thing to do. There is a quote from Mary Anne Radmacher that says, "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'" (www.empowernetwork.com). I love this quote because it really sums up my idea that courage doesn't have to be something really outrageous, it could just be someone's will to power through the day.

1 comment:

  1. That is a powerful quote and it reminds us that sometimes getting through the day is a difficult journey because there is so much we may have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete