Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Difficult Conversation

               The sun was shining, the air was comfortably warm and the birds were chirping. The beautiful day was very contradictory to the situation at hand with Mike and Ashley. They sat on a bench in the park with small children scampering past them, squealing in excitement and delight. But this was not a joyful day in the park for the young couple.
                "I want to break up" Mike said. Ashley's mouth opened in shock and disbelief. "But why? Why would you ever want to do that?" she questioned. "We have been together for so long and it's been great, but I just think it's time we started seeing other people" Mike confessed. "I don't want to see other people..." Ashley said. She stared at her hands, trying not to cry. "I'm sorry" Mike told her. "Don't you still love me? Or did you find someone else?" she asked. Mike took a deep breath. "Honestly? I met another girl. It's not your fault though and I still want us to be..." he tried to say. Ashley didn't want to hear it. She got up and ran off, leaving Mike alone on the park bench surrounded by all of the other happy people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment