Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Going Childless

  
          Upon reading the article None is Enough, many thoughts and questions flooded my mind as to what I want in my future and what my stance is on women not wanting to have children. Womanhood and motherhood are often mistaken as being the same thing, when in all actuality it is a choice for women. Many of them believe that they don’t necessarily need children in order to be happy in life and they don’t want to conform to society’s standards for women anymore than they already do. I believe that it is a great thing if a woman is confident and happy with her life, even if she does not have children. There are so many people in this world who are not happy with what they have and go their whole lives trying to find something to fulfill it. At the end of the day, if you are happy, then that is all that matters regardless of everything else. While I have respect for these women who choose to not have children, I certainly do not agree with them. I have always loved children and definitely want to have some of my own in the future. I understand that if I decide to do so, I will never get to do some of the things that I’ve always wanted to do. Once you have a child, you start to live your life for them and not for yourself. I personally don’t mind this, as I think that you are meant to live out your life for someone/something else; a greater cause. I tried to put myself in the shoes of the women who have chosen to go childless and I could not do so. I honestly do not understand the point in being able to travel to far-away places and getting to do adventurous things if you don’t have any people to share it with. Looking at the idea of going childless in a different light, I enjoy the idea of women standing up for themselves more in society. For centuries, women have been viewed as vessels to have children through and I believe that we should progressively be standing up for ourselves more and more to assert ourselves as valuable pieces to society. Many people find true joy in having freedom to do whatever they want with nothing tying them down, but I believe that anyone can find true joy when looking into the face of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment